Community & UPcycled City™
Environmental stewardship and community activity go hand-in-hand with our mission to help eliminate waste through UPcycling. We also seek to align our core values with all our stakeholders, both local and global. The word Community is a key part of our name and represents one of the main pillars that we stand on. We constantly seek to engage the UPcycling community by:
- Supporting causes that seek to advocate Green Initiatives beyond Upcycling such as: water conservation, reduction of GHG emissions, waste recycling, and community sharing and trading.
- Designate UPcycled City Ambassadors in local communities and support them in establishing local education programs on the benefits of UPcycling
- Partner with waste and charity organizations to encourage donations by our members of waste materials.
- Each UPcycled City employee is encouraged to volunteer at a non-profit social service program.
- Employees are allowed one/half workday (with pay) per month to volunteer at a non-profit but in return must report on their participation each month.
- Any employee can request to add a non-profit to our community outreach program as long as the program compliments the mission of UPcycled City.
Revenue generated by UPcycled City will allow us to support the following organizations by donating time and services. The current list of non-profits in our Community Service program include:
- LA Food Bank
- My Friend’s Place
- Para Los Ninos
UPcycled City is also a social community that promotes and teaches the social values and environmental benefits of Upcycling as:
- A solution to our global waste problem
- A profitable way to divert waste from landfills
- A way to reduce the use of both virgin and non-renewable resources
- A way to close the Recycling loop
- A process that can be practiced as a DIY, as a handicraft business or in a mass produced manufacturing process
In addition we seek to create a community through our Community section where we provide Articles and DIY how-to projects.